Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Underappreciated


I am totally underappreciated! I bring her a present this morning and she screams like a little girl and shows absolutely no appreciation for my hard work and generosity. I very generously gave up my cricket and lovingly placed it on top of her bare foot...AND...it wasn't even dead yet. Mostly dead, but not completely. Now, I'm pretty sure it doesn't say anywhere in Emily Post that when someone lovingly gives you a gift the appropriate response is "EW, Dudley!" and then taking a paper towel and squishing the gift beyond recognition and then throwing it away. That's the last time I give up my toy to her!

Then, later on this morning I redecorated the laundry room when I found an idle roll of paper towels. It took me all morning to drape the paper towels just right and she comes in and starts to remove all my hard work. Then she stopped and said she would leave it so the other one could see when she got home. What does a guy have to do to get some appreciation?????

The pics for today are to show how great I look on red.




It turns out the rumors about the vet last week were about me. I was happily asleep Friday afternoon when next thing I know I'm in my prison in the car. Then we're at the vet and I'm being poked and prodded and then they take my temperature. Not sure that doesn't qualify as torture. Just when I think it can't get any worse, the vet takes out a needle and POKES me with it. So that's what a shot is! Pass thank you! On a good note, while I was trying to squirm my way back into my prison to get away from the prodding, I am pretty sure I heard the words perfect and beautiful. Aso, I now officially weigh 4 lbs 9 oz.

3 comments:

Gberger said...

Dudley is looking like a real CAT now, not a little kitten. How quickly they grow up! God bless you.

Anonymous said...

Aww, poor baby! You sure are beautiful and perfect. >^^<

the dragonfly said...

I can't believe she didn't like your gift!!

Heckle Jeckle Knits (Our Etsy Shop)