Sunday, July 20, 2008

Day 57 - 7/20/08

Weight: 2 lb 9 oz

Feedings: Every 6 hours

Food: About 1/2 can of Kitten Wet Food each feeding. They have added dry food to my wet food. Not bad, but it's not ice cream either.

Andrew Eugene has ROCKS IN HIS HEAD!!!!!!!

The Vet is not fun! They started by taking me away from HER and THE OTHER ONE and then they poked me and took my blood. Then they brought me back to THEM and poked me some more and stuck a thermometer up my rear. All the while my bowels are out of control and I can't stop going to the bathroom. The vet got very excited about this because she got fresh samples for testing. All very undignified and they still don't know what is wrong with me. Good news is I tested negative for Feline HIV and Leukemia. They are testing me for worms and parasites. To make matters worse we still had to drive back to the beach and I had another accident in my carrier. THEY felt very sorry for me (AS THEY SHOULD) and stopped and took the towel out of my carrier so I wouldn't have to live with the smell. I just don't know what is wrong with me because usually I can hold it for my litter box and it just comes with no control.

THEY finally got me to the beach and SHE had to clean me up and then feed me. I know I am supposed to eat more dry food than wet until we clear up the runs, so I ate some dry food. Then all of a sudden I find out the torture is not over. THE OTHER ONE is holding me while SHE puts liquid on my neck. This is supposedly to kill any worms or parasites. That wasn't so bad and I started to relax a little when SHE comes at me with a syringe. Then she's squirting something down the back of my throat. While I am jumping around and foaming at the mouth and vomiting from the vile taste SHE is trying to soothe me by saying it will make me feel better. DOES IT LOOK LIKE IT'S MAKING ME FEEL BETTER????????? I am foaming at the mouth! All in all this has not been a good weekend. I got more of the vile medicine this morning after eating and did some more hopping around and foaming but no vomiting this time. Maybe it will get easier each time? I think I heard something about twice a day for 8 days.

Oh I almost forgot, while at the vet there was a brief respite in the poking and prodding and I do believe I may have heard the vet tell THEM that I was P-E-R-F-E-C-T!

I am feeling a little better this morning. We do not know what my stool is like yet since I haven't gone yet.

These are my I am pathetic and sick pictures.


amanda said...

Dude you have perfected pathetic...

the dragonfly said...

Poor little guy. I'd love to give you a snuggle and a scratch to help you feel better.

Smileygirl said...

Oh poor little Dudley you look so exhausted after this whole ordeal. I hope that whatever it is that's ailing you is something simple and fixable with minor disruption to your life. Your poor little bottom!

Sleep well and feel better...

Heckle Jeckle Knits (Our Etsy Shop)