Saturday, July 26, 2008

Morgun

Weight: 2 lb 15 oz

The kitchen in my parents house is the focal point of the house. This is where we eat, talk and where I usually work when I am here. It is also, the only room the two dogs (Morgun and Dickon) are allowed. Morgun is a blind, diabetic, male cairn terrier. We call him the "cranky old man" because he will bark at anything and has been known to snap at a few people. So every weekend when we come Dudley gets to come into the kitchen and sit on the kitchen table and play. This will not last much longer because a) he's just getting too big and b) he doesn't want to stay on the table and knows he can get down on his own. Every weekend at some point during the weekend Morgun realizes there is a cat in the room and he tries to find him through smell (since he's blind). Here is the typical scenario:

Morgun: I smell a cat.
Dudley: God he's stupid, I'm right here



Morgun: Closer, I know I'm closer...
Dudley: Yeah, still right here...


Morgun: He's got to be here somewhere...
Dudley: Really? I can reach out and touch you and still you can't see me?



Morgun: Found him.
Dudley: You do know dogs are stupid right?



Morgun: I'll show you stupid!
Dudley: OH CRAP!!!


2 comments:

the dragonfly said...

Ha! Love the commentary. :)

Anonymous said...

Cute! Why is the poor poochy blind?

Heckle Jeckle Knits (Our Etsy Shop)